Tuesday, November 1, 2011

First...

On a brightly chilled October 31st, I went birding. First I investigated the areas closest to home, namely my very own feeder. Equipped with my Peterson's Guide, and my inherent skill, I identified the usual. Three Northern Cardinals, four Blue Jays, several Tufted Tit-mice, a gazillion House sparrows, intermingled with Song and Vespa, as well as a lone Downy Woodpecker. These are the normal birds of my house they have taken up a more sedentary lifestyle, arranged around the single bird buffet in my front yard. The next stop was the telephone wires, where i had the delight of putting a face, this face to be precise,

http://www.thedauphins.net/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/EasternScreech-Owl-8.jpg.w300h249.jpg

with the call that I had been attempting to imitate. Yes my friends! an Eastern Screech Owl! As well as Owly I saw a number of distant birds in flight, and, along with the neverending flood of Sparrows, which is to be expected, I saw a Red-Winged Blackbird, identified by its colored wings. I wrapped up my birding extravaganza, by closely studying the remaining chicken in my refrigerator.
The End.

No comments: