Sunday, November 6, 2011

NOFO FO SHO

On Saturday, I went to the beach and walked around a park that is connected to it on the North Fork.

On the beach, I saw 24 to 25 gulls sitting calmly and relaxing by the shore.
About half of them were little gray Glaucous Gulls, I believe, based off of their very gray wings, the little black spot on their yellow beaks.
There were Ring Billed gulls, and Herring gulls as well. It was strange to see them all sitting, quietly, without much movement.

I continued walking through the park and saw what I believe was a small flock of Dark Eyed Juncos, which I had never seen before, or even heard of. These small sparrows are identified by the dark gray, or almost black head, white chest, short triangular beak- like most sparrows, tiny black beady eyes, and light orangey- gray legs. They are very cute!

I also saw a few song sparrows... Below is the Dark Eyed Junco!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

PS: I can not wait to go on the next birding trip, I am getting bored of seeing the same things over and over again and need some of Doc's enlightening knowledge to keep my interest peaked.

Unknown said...

geez! how did you post a picture?

Unknown said...

in the post, when you're writing it, you can add one. i'll show you tomorrow :)