Tuesday, November 15, 2011

No montauk for me!

I was not able to tag along on this trip, but I did do some small scale, highly relaxed, ornithological appreciation. On sunday I went to the duck pond near east hampton village, to investigate the many species of ducks unknown to me. At the duck pond I was greeted by a reverberation eclectic quacks, stemming from various rafts of ducks, scattered throughout the small pond. During my pond visit, I was able to identify a medially sized selection of ducks, namely: the Mallard duck, Mottled duck, and the American Black duck. My very own Day of Ducks.
After the disambiguation of the duck pond, and after a luxurious spell of rest, I turned my ornithological eyes to an equally relaxing beach walk from beach lane beach to the mouth of georgica pond. Although my mind was eager for discovery the moment my feet touched the parking lot, the walk had a certain soporific quality that all but sapped my strength. When I finally arrived the the pond I was greatly worn out and rested for a brief spell. When my cognitive functions were returned to me I observed... The Usual.

Laughing Gulls, Greater Black-Backed Gulls, Herring Gulls, Royal Terns, Black-Crested Cormorants, Great Blue Egret(s), Sandpipers, and... Well thats about it!

It was nice ;)

No comments: