Monday, October 17, 2011

The early birds got to see the birds

Although i did not get the pleasure to go birding with the Gang and my good friends at Sofo, i did have my own bird oriented experience. Early Saturday morning, but not early enough, i rose and was greeted by another fine, windy day. I cast my gaze out my window to see a small rasp of guinea fowl. i was amazed at their skulking dinosaur like qualities and with their erratic pecking at seemingly bare grass. I ran out of my house to join them, but they did not seem to be in cahoots with the idea and promptly exited my yard. Another anecdote extracted from my day, and from my memory is the observation of a large murmuration of starlings wheeling effortlessly from tree to tree, forming abstruse and ambivalent patterns as they dipped and twirled. I wish there were more Mega Flocks http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxqtvYt1z24&feature=related

No comments: